Send us your tax exemption certificate HERE or fax it to 1-800-567-2260.
When setting up tax exemption, you will need to provide:
- Government-issued Tax Exemption Certificate
- Your company contact information
- The specific email address that will be associated with the tax-exempt online account
Once the customer service team has confirmed your tax-exemption it will be reflected on your Staples.ca profile within 24 hours. To apply tax exemption in store, simply present your Tax Exemption Certificate at time of purchase.
Indigenous Peoples Status
An Indigenous people is a person who qualifies as an "Indian" under the Indian Act and is in possession of a Certificate of Indian Status card issued by the federal government. Under the Indian Act, these persons are exempt from sales taxes on personal property situated on a reserve.
PST (Provincial Sales Tax) Exemption
All of the following conditions need to be met by an Indigenous people to be PST exempt:
- For online or phone orders, fax a signed copy of your Native Status Card to 800-567-2260.
- For in-store purchases, simply present your photo Native Status Card in person to receive you exemption.
Note: Delivery to the reserve is not a requirement in Ontario as long as the items are planned to be used on a reserve. In the case of delivering the items to a location other than a reserve, we will need that to be indicated on the signed, faxed copy of your Native Status Card.
In all provinces, Indigenous Peoples are GST/HST exempt only if the goods being purchased are delivered to the reserve. If you have any questions regarding tax exemption, contact the sales tax office in your province:
British Columbia 877-388-4440
Other locations - English 800-959-5525
Other locations - French 800-959-7775