If not completely satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days to initiate a return -- 14 days for computers, laptops, tablets, eReaders, smart/cell phones and unopened drones) in saleable condition, in original packaging (including UPC code, manual, parts and your receipt or packing slip) for a full refund or replacement.
- Purchased in store - must be returned to the store with its receipt and your credit card.
- Online order - Self-Serve returns can be initiated by clicking HERE. A scheduled date will be provided and the order will be picked up at your address between 7am-8pm. Please note your staples.ca order can also be brought to any Staples store for a full refund.
Technology Items (Computers and Electronics)
- Computers, laptops, tablets, eReaders, smart/cell phones and unopened drones within 14 days are considered technology items.
- These types of items must be returned in store so our agents can fully remove any trace of personal information before they reach the warehouse. We still recommend you remove any personal information you can find on it before returning it.
- Store management may require a 24-hour inspection period prior to processing the refund. They will also assess if the product can be fixed in the event that you still want it. If this is not possible, they will simply refund the item.
- If you are returning an iPhone/iPad/iPod purchased after September 20th, 2013 or that has had the software updated after September 18th, 2013, you must turn off the “activation lock” feature before returning the device.
- If the article you have is defective after 30 days of the purchase, please contact the manufacturer of the product.
- We will also ensure that you get refunded for the extended warranty if you bought one.
- All Wireless Devices and Wireless Carrier Plans must be returned using the original method of payment as shown on the original sales receipt within fifteen (15)* days of activation in like new condition with original packaging and accessories. Customer wishing to return a Wireless Product must provide at least one (1) valid government issued photo ID. Customer initiating a return must be listed as a Primary Account Holder or an Authorized User (for hardware upgrade only) with the Wireless Carrier.
- Wireless Plan and Wireless Carrier Device returns and cancellation are subject to the terms and conditions of the carrier contract and the specific return policy of each Wireless Carrier. Wireless Carrier Devices subsidized or financed through the Wireless Carrier OR paid for in full, with or without a wireless plan activation or renewal, are subject to the Carriers return policy. Returns of wireless plan and wireless device deposits or down payments are subject to the terms and conditions of the Wireless Carrier. Staples will only accept returns for items and amounts approved by the Wireless Carrier. If you received a free gift with your wireless activation or device (such as a gift card) you will be required to return the free gift or make payment for the free gift, prior to the Wireless Plan or Device return / cancellation. Customer may be required to cover any outstanding service charges to the Wireless Carrier for the current cycle billing including any overage fees.
- Wireless Plan or Carrier Device returns can only be returned at the original retail store purchase location during the Wireless Kiosk hours of operations.
- The sales of all SIM cards are final. SIM cards are not eligible for returns, refunds, or exchanges.
* No exceptions or extensions, including those who are part of our Preferred program and/or our Teacher Membership initiative
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod, you must turn off the “activation lock” feature before returning the device.
Software, Movies and Music
- Unopened boxed software, movies and music (in saleable condition) that we sell at time of return, may be returned for a full refund within 30 days or purchase.
- Open boxes or Electronic downloadable software, movies and music are not returnable or refundable.
Headphones, Earphones and Earbuds
- Open Headphones, earphones, and earbuds are not returnable.
Preferred Business Members
- Preferred Business Members return policies is 60 days instead of 30 days (28 days instead of 14 days for tech products.)
- Once an item is returned to store or has arrived at the warehouse, it can take up to 5 business days to see the refund on your credit card.
- Store purchases: If you don’t have a receipt, an exchange or a store credit will be offered provided a proof of the purchase can be verified, at Staples’ discretion. Please contact the store for more details. In the absence of proof of purchase, identification may be required.
- The tender will be made to the same tender as the purchase.
- The original debit and credit card will be used for the refund; please bring the original card with you in store.
Staples Canada no longer accepts cheques as a payment method. Items purchased by cheque before Oct 31, 2021, and returned within 14 days may be returned as a store credit.
- Eco-Fees will be also refunded automatically when you return an item.
When you place an order on our site, there is a preauthorization charge done on your credit card. These funds are a reserve your credit card puts aside and is only received by us once you have the item in hand. If the order was cancelled before it was shipped out, please allow up to 10 business days for your credit card company to transfer the funds back into your account.
- If a wrong item was received, it can take up to 2 business days to resolve. For more information click HERE.
Extended Return Policy
- Online: We are not able to offer exchanges online. Exchanges for online purchases may be completed in-store.
- In-Store: Applicable in-store purchases can be returned or exchanged in-store only.