1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance
The provision of these Services is conditional upon your acceptance, without modification, of the terms, conditions and notices (“Terms”) contained in this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to all Terms, please do not use our Services.
You acknowledge and agree that Staples Canada ULC (“Staples”) may amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised version of this Agreement on www.staples.ca or by notifying you directly in Staples’ sole discretion, including without limitation, by email or mail. Your continued use of the Services after any changes are made to this Agreement shall constitute your consent to such changes. Staples does not and will not assume any obligation to notify you of any changes to this Agreement, or the creation or modification of any additional terms. You are solely responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the Terms of the Agreement.
2. Use and Age Restriction
Use of the Services is permitted only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you do not qualify, please do not use our Services.
In-home Tech Services include installation, set-up, troubleshooting, and tutorials for products purchased at Staples.
Smart Home/Office Services include installation and setup of smart home products purchased at Staples.
Staples, through its employees or agents, will provide the Services. The Services will be performed at the location indicated on your original invoice.
4. General Exclusions
The following are not included in the Services of this Agreement:
- Physical maintenance, repair or replacement of any product,
- Replacement cost of lost or consumer replaceable parts (such as lightbulbs, racks, shelves, trays, knobs, or dials, etc.)
- Fees owed to third party providers,
- The disposal of any packaging and debris;
- Any hardware, devices, peripherals, software, cabling, power cords, surge protectors, etc. necessary for the performance of the Service.
5. Your Responsibilities
- Access: You agree to provide Staples’ employees or agents with immediate clear access to any areas and equipment necessary to perform the Services.
- Back up: It is your responsibility to back up all existing computer files by copying them to another storage medium prior to the use of the Services. Staples, its employees and agents will bear no liability whatsoever for any damage or loss to data or peripherals. Staples can assist you with backing up your important data in-store for an additional fee.
- Pets: All pets must be secured in an area separate from Staples’ employees or agents while the Services are being performed.
- Passwords: You agree to assist Staples’ employees or agents by providing or typing in any passwords or other information necessary to perform the Services.
- Permits: You are responsible for obtaining any permits or authorizations that may be required to perform any of the Services.
- Internet Requirements: You must have an Internet Service Provider and your Internet connection must be activated and working properly prior to any Services being performed. If network connectivity is desired for multiple devices, you must provide the necessary equipment (i.e. router, hub, modem, or switch) with an adequate number of ports to support the required number of devices.
If the Services require drilling, wire fishing or screw plugs to be inserted into the walls of the premises, you assume all responsibility for any damage, however caused. Staples’ employees or agents will make best efforts to patch any drywall if needed during the installation process; however, you assume all responsibility for any sanding and painting of the patched area.
The Services purchase price is set out on your purchase invoice. This price must be paid in full when you order your Services.
Your order for Services will be confirmed and you will have entered into a binding contract with Staples when you submit your order in-store and it is confirmed by email.
You may cancel or reschedule your Smart Home Services appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment by calling 1-833-619-2739 or by responding to the order confirmation email. You may cancel or reschedule your In-home Tech Services appointment in person at the store of purchase at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you cancel any Services in less than a 24-hour period before your appointment, you must pay a $59 cancellation fee.
At its option, Staples may cancel Services and you will forfeit your Services purchase price if (a) at least one adult, 18 years or older, is not present at the start of and throughout the duration of the appointment, (b) the premises is deemed, in the sole discretion of Staples and/or its agent, to be an unsafe environment, (c) the necessary equipment or services (i.e. internet) for the Services are not present, (d) if the smart home product requires the input of your credit card information for the product to be installed and you are unwilling to do so, (e) the mobile devices, internet speed, and/or bandwidth do not support the intended functionality of the product being installed, or (f) the necessary power and/or wiring are missing at the time of installation.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Staples, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against all loss, liability, claim, demand or suit, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from or arising out of any of your acts or omissions.
Staples, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, where applicable by law, shall not be liable for any damages, including direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, general, special or consequential damages, arising out of provision of the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of any such damages. Staples is not liable for any lost data resulting from the Services or the enforcement of the Terms. Staples expressly disclaims any and all liability for acts, omissions and conduct of any third party, Services users, advertisers and/or sponsors in connection with the Services or otherwise related to your use of the Services. Staples’ liability, if any, shall be limited to the Services purchase price. By using the Services, you agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other users of the Services.
Services are covered by a ninety (90) day workmanship warranty that the Services will be performed in a good and workmanlike manner (the “Warranty”). For any product warranty related issues, you should contact the product manufacturer or your warranty provider.
You must provide us with written notice of any work defects within the ninety (90) day period following the performance of the Services. You agree that your sole and exclusive remedy is the reinstallation or repair of any defects, in a good workmanlike manner.
- Choice of Law
You agree that this Agreement and your use of the Services shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the province in which the Services were purchased and the federal laws of Canada applicable.
- Entire Agreement
Your purchase invoice and these Terms are intended by the parties to be a final statement of the entire agreement between you and Staples and supersede all prior written or oral negotiations, understandings and agreements concerning the subject matter of the Agreement.