Staples Canada ULC (the "Company") considers "personal information" to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
- Accountability. We identify individuals in our Company who are to be specifically responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities include making sure that the Company, our employees and third parties who process personal information on our behalf comply with the CSA Code.
- Reason for Collection. We collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the Company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want, to provide information about our products and services to our customers, and as required or permitted by law.
- Consent. Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information, we ensure that we have the individual’s consent in an appropriate form, except where required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection. We collect personal information for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose or unless required or permitted by law.
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from Web sites to your computer’s hard drive and they may serve a variety of purposes (web beacons, Flash cookies and other similar technologies may also be used for these purposes). For example, cookies “remember” you when you ff to the Company’s Web sites and make your experience more user-friendly. Cookies help us identify which Web pages of the Company are visited and how often, and to evaluate how our Web sites are used so we can improve these services. Cookies also enable the Company and third parties to deliver targeted advertising to you. The Company adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn how to opt out of advertising-related cookies, click here. You can learn more about third party advertiser cookies by visiting www.youradchoices.ca. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
- Accuracy. We maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards. We have implemented measures designed to protect all personal information in our possession from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or inadvertent destruction. We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. We make this Corporate Privacy Statement readily available in our stores, in our catalogues and on our Web sites. Individuals may make inquiries about our personal information practices and those of our service providers by contacting our privacy officer by mail (Staples Canada ULC., 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Individual Access. We provide individuals with access to the personal information about him or her that we have in our possession, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. Individuals may request access to their personal information in our possession by contacting our privacy officer in writing at the contact information noted above. An individual may also request updating or the correction of inaccuracies in their personal information. In the event that the individual demonstrates that the information that we have in our possession is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make any appropriate changes.
- Challenging Compliance. An individual may address any issues about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information by contacting our privacy officer by any of the means noted above.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Staples Canada ULC., which carries on business in Canada under the names "Business Depot," "Staples" and "Bureau en Gros."
If you have any questions about Staples Canada’s customer privacy practices, please contact our privacy officer by:
Staples Canada ULC.
6 Staples Avenue
Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3
Attn: Customer Privacy Department