How do I create my class and choose the right products?
Creating a class supply list is fast and easy. Begin by creating an account on Staples.ca. Your account will enable you to create lists that parents can use to buy their children’s school supplies. Teachers can select supplies for each classroom from our lists of suggested items for each grade, or search the comprehensive Staples catalogue. Follow the steps below and you’ll have your first class created in no time!
- Fill out the form on the Teacher landing page with your name, school information, whether you’d like to allow parents to have their packages delivered to your school, and your grade(s). Select “Next” when you’re ready.
- You will then see suggested products based on your grade(s). Our experts have selected the best and most popular school supplies for each grade, so you always have a great starting point! While selecting products, click on the product name or photo to get more details. When you’re ready, choose whether each product is Required, Suggested or Optional, and how many of the product each student should have. Hit the “Select“ button — now you’ll see it added to your class (at the bottom of your screen).
- Using the search bar, you can search for and select any products found on Staples.ca.
- When you’re done selecting products, hit the “Add selected items to list” button to review your class. Make any changes necessary by choosing the “edit” links to change your class information or delivery options, add/remove any list owners, or remove any products you don’t want. You may also edit any products by changing if the product is Required, Suggested or Optional, and how many you’d like each student to have.
If at any point you have difficulties creating your class, please contact us. You can also get help from your local store manager by reaching out to your nearest Staples store.
What’s the difference between Required, Suggested and Optional products on my class supplies list?
Required and Suggested products; these items are checked off by default when a parent is browsing the list of supplies you have prepared. You may also label some items as Optional (typically items such as scissors or staplers); these items are included in the list, but a parent must select them in order to purchase them. Note that everything that appears on your supply list is hand-picked by you directly.
No items are mandatory to purchase — even Required items may be removed. The decision to buy any items rests entirely with the parent.
How do I create a class registry?
- Go to www.staples.ca/a/content/createclassregistry
- Link your registry to an associated class. Parents will find your class registry faster if you select this option. If you do not have an existing class you wish to link this registry to, click 'Proceed Without Class List' and fill in your details.
- You can search for specific products or simply choose items from the Staples recommended products to add to your registry. Edit the quantity based on your requirement and share the registry with parents from the sharing options on top of the registry page.
How can we let parents and students know how and when to order?
You can use the “share” button on top of each class or registry page and share the link to your class or registry with parents via Facebook, Twitter, email or simply by copying link and sharing on the preferred communication channel of your choice. You can even add that link to your email signature!
Can parents add or delete items from their package based on need?
Parents can deselect any items they don’t want, but they will remain on the list — only you can manage the list of recommended supplies. Parents may also search for and add additional products from staples.ca. However, any additional products are not currently eligible for the "Buy More, Save More" discounts offered on School Tools packages.
Is there a minimum quantity of recommended supplies?
Staples School Tools requires no minimum package size or quantities. However, parents will only get extra savings of 5% off if the package value is over $25, and 10% off if the package value is over $50. Also, the more parents buy from your package, the more value your school gets with our 3% credit program.
Where will packages be delivered?
It’s up to the parent to choose the delivery of class lists. During checkout, parents can choose to have packages delivered to their home. Packages will arrive in the same timeframe as other purchases made on Staples.ca (within 2 to 3 business days). Additionally, you can allow packages to be shipped directly to your school during a selected week, giving parents extra choice and flexibility.
Items from the registry, by default, will also be delivered to the same address as the class list. If you wish to have the registry items delivered to an alternate address, please inform parents so the registry order can be separate from other purchases.
Can I get the class registry item delivered directly to my address?
Registry items are automatically delivered to the same address as the rest of the items in the parent's shopping cart. If you would like to receive the registry items to your address, please let parents know so they can place their registry orders separately.
Can I see what items have been bought from my registry and who bought them?
Yes, you can see what items have been purchased from your registry. These items will be greyed out in the registry view, and you will not be able to edit or delete them. You cannot see who bought from your registry at the moment, but we will add this feature shortly.
Can I add or remove items from my registry?
You can add, delete, or edit the quantity of any unbought items in your registry. You cannot make changes once a parent purchases the item.
Can I delete a class registry?
You can delete a Class Registry from the top of your Registry page at any time. Please note: this action cannot be reversed, and you will lose track of any purchased items from your registry.
How can I return or exchange an item donated to my Class Registry?
Unfortunately, you cannot directly return or exchange an item that has been donated to you. You can request the parent who donated the product to return or exchange the item for you.
Can I define what items I want the parents to buy first from my registry?
By placing urgent items at the top of your registry, parents can see them immediately. All non-urgent items will also be available for parents to purchase.
What does the package look like?
Each package comes in a recyclable box. Boxes delivered to parents’ homes or nearby stores are labeled in the same way as all other Staples.ca orders. Orders shipped directly to schools will have the teacher’s and student’s names, so that they can easily find their way to the right student.
How can I edit my class list or registry or the products I’ve selected?
To make any changes, first find your class list or registry by clicking on “manage my class” button. From there, you can change your class information or delivery options using the “edit” links, remove any unwanted products using the “remove” button or even “add more products” to your list.
How do I give access or reassign my class to another teacher?
After you find your class or registry, you can add new owners or remove existing owners by selecting the “edit” link next to “Class Owners.”
How can I duplicate, share or delete my class or registry?
At present there is no way to duplicate your class. However, you can delete or share your class via email, Facebook, Twitter or a sharable link. You can find these links on the top of your class page.
Please contact us or reach out to your local Staples store manager. if you need further assistance.
How can I have more parents donate products from my Class Registry?
Sharing the class registry link is beneficial to bringing awareness so parents can donate. You can create attention by adding a link to your class registry under an email signature, on class announcements, your teacher website, in a messaging app or publishing the list on social media channels.
Can I use the School Tools program to buy school supplies in bulk for my school?
Please contact us or reach out to your local Staples store manager if you wish to purchase supplies in bulk for your school.