IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The provision of these Services is conditional upon your acceptance, without modification, of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to all Terms, please do not use our Services.
You acknowledge and agree that Staples Canada ULC (“Staples”) may amend these Terms at any time by posting a revised version of these Terms on www.staples.ca or by notifying you directly in Staples’ sole discretion, including without limitation, by email or mail. Your continued use of the Services after any changes are made to these Terms shall constitute your consent to such changes. Staples does not and will not assume any obligation to notify you of any changes to these Terms, or the creation or modification of any additional terms. You are solely responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the Terms of the Agreement.
- Is aware and agrees that formatting the device and/or restoring an operating system will permanently erase all files and data including but not limited to documents, pictures, email, user installed software, etc.
- Is solely responsible for properly backing-up all data and files prior to service being performed. Data Backup is a service that Customer can purchase from Staples/Bureau en gros.
- Acknowledges that Staples/Bureau en gros accepts no responsibility for data loss, loss of use, disruption of business activities, or other consequential damages as a result of services rendered.
- Acknowledges that Customer owned hardware may fail during the diagnostics/repair process which may lead to data loss. Staples/Bureau en gros will not be responsible for any hardware failures or data loss.
- Is required to provide recovery/operating system disk(s), system/software passwords and all legally licensed software/media that may be required.
- Acknowledges that, if Staples/Bureau en gros exercises its buyout option under any extended warranty, to protect your privacy, Staples/Bureau en gros will ensure responsible recycle/disposal of any defective hardware including hard drive(s).
- Acknowledges that service labour is not refundable.
- Acknowledges that software purchased in conjunction with services is non-refundable. Defective software will be exchanged for the same type of software.
- Represents that Customer is the owner of the items submitted for service or is otherwise authorized to make decisions regarding the servicing of that equipment.
- Authorizes Staples/Bureau en gros to install and uninstall software and to accept end-user license agreements on their behalf.
Mail-In Repair Services
- Must pay diagnostics in full prior to any work commencing on out of warranty work. ($59 Minimum Charge)
- Acknowledges that additional charges may apply depending on the repair work being performed and your warranty coverage. Any additional charges must be paid in full prior to commencing any out of warranty work.
- Acknowledges and agrees that if Staples/Bureau en gros is unable to contact Customer to discuss the repair work within 90 days of receipt of the device, Staples will ship the unrepaired device to the Customer at the last known address.
- Must package the device for shipping using any packing materials provided and in compliance with any shipping instructions provided by Staples/Bureau en gros.
- Authorizes Staples/Bureau en gros if required in the course of repair, to format customer’s device and restore operating system which will result in the permanent deletion of all data, including but not limited to documents, pictures, email, user installed software, etc.
- Must supply or purchase media (USB Stick or Hard Drive) prior to backing up customer owned data.
- Is aware and agrees that if backup service is requested, backups will only be performed onto a brand new or fully formatted media not containing any other data.
- Acknowledges that if backup services are requested, Staples/Bureau en gros will not be responsible for any pre-existing viruses in user files/folders, that prevent proper backup of files and data.
- Accepts sole responsibility for software problems that are found to be affecting the operation of customer’s computer.
- Acknowledges that unless stated differently within the terms and conditions of the purchased Easycare Plan, software problems are not covered by either manufacturer’s warranty or any extended warranty.
- Acknowledges, under Staples® Easycare plan coverage, that there will be a $59 minimum diagnostic fee payable if there is no warrantable hardware defect found. Service labour is non-refundable.
- Staples will complete service on customer’s device as quickly as possible.
- Customer may check on the status of the repair by visiting https://techservices.staples.ca/ or by calling 1-888-723-3444.
- Customer acknowledges that service times may vary depending upon the type of repair. Staples will ship the device back to the Customer when repairs have been completed.
- Acknowledges that Staples will not be responsible for nondelivered devices after they have been shipped back to the Customer, Staples will responsibly recycle/dispose any such abandoned devices after 90 days without further communication.
- Assumes all losses and liability as a result of nondelivered devices being recycled/disposed.
The personal information submitted with Customer’s order shall be collected, used by Staples Canada ULC and its affiliates only to fulfill your order and such information shall be disposed of within a reasonable amount of time from submission. Staples shall not share your personal information except with the parties noted above and, to the extent the it deems appropriate, with any law enforcement agencies in its reasonable discretion in order to cooperate with authorities and/or comply with law. Staples reserves the right to transfer your personal information to third party servers that may be outside of Canada as part of the fulfillment of the services. If you have any questions regarding your privacy rights, please contact Staples’ privacy officer.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Staples, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, where applicable by law, shall not be liable for any damages, including direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, general, special or consequential damages, arising out of provision of the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, loss of business, loss or damage of any devices or equipment during shipping and/or any other damages, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of any such damages. Staples is not liable for any lost data resulting from the Services or the enforcement of the Terms. Staples expressly disclaims any and all liability for acts, omissions and conduct of any third party, Services users, advertisers and/or sponsors in connection with the Services or otherwise related to your use of the Services. Staples’ liability, if any, shall be limited to the Services purchase price. By using the Services, you agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other users of the Services.