- Deliveries are scheduled Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm(for business addresses) 7am to 8pm for residential. We cannot specify the exact time of delivery.
- Orders placed after 5:00pm on Friday, or Saturday & Sunday are scheduled starting the following Tuesday.
- A contact person must be available to accept, confirm the items and sign for delivery; with exceptions seen HERE.
- We make a total of 3 delivery attempts; after this, the order is sent back to the warehouse for a full refund.
- Some items will take longer to be delivered. This can be determined by looking at the estimated date on the item’s page.
- In the event of a holiday, deliveries may be delayed. We observe many federal and provincial holidays across Canada. If you are in an area that is observing a holiday and are unsure of your delivery date, please contact us.
Where do we deliver?
- We deliver to addresses within Canada only. Only Canadian phone number can added to the order, otherwise this may result in the order being cancelled.
- We can also delivery to stores; Select “Ship to Store” at the checkout and store will contact you via email once the order is delivered to you.
- For downloadable products, you should initially receive a confirmation email followed by another email within 24 hours that will contain the downloadable link along with the product activation key. If you have not received it within 24 hours, please contact us by clicking Help at the bottom right of this page. Don’t worry if the system request for a delivery address at the checkout.
- P.O. Boxes cannot be used for the delivery address.
- We don’t deliver to certain remote locations. If we are unable to ship your order to a remote location, you will be notified by email.
Cost of Delivery
- Delivery is free within local trade areas; orders outside these areas may take longer to deliver and may result in a separate delivery charge based on weight and delivery distance.
- We do not accept C.O.D. All orders must be paid online with a credit card (Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Staples Credit Card).
Can I ask for specific delivery time?
- Specific delivery times cannot be provided. Your postal code determines your position on the driver's route, for this reason, specific timeframes cannot be requested.
Leaving the order at the door
As part of our contactless delivery, we leave all orders at the door.
Missing items in the order
- Some items may not be missing but are shipping from separate warehouses and therefore may not arrive together. We try to ship your products as soon as they are available and this may result in what appears to be forgotten/missing items. If your order is showing fully shipped on Staples.ca and you still have not received your complete order you may contact us via email here or via live Chat by clicking the "Help" icon, for further assistance.
staples.ca or staplespreferred.ca
- Once your order ships, you will receive a Shipping Confirmation email.
- Once the order is prepared to be shipped, a tracking number will be provided to you via email. This information along with the status will also be provided on our site by clicking on my "My Orders" from the My Account drop-down menu.
- Once the order is shipped out, you’ll be given a UPS tracking number.
- If you forget or misplace your UPS tracking number, call the Staples retail store associated to your order.
Why was my order cancelled?
- We've likely cancelled your order or an item in your order due to not having available stock. We do our very best to ensure that all items on Staples.ca are available in our warehouse, so you can get your order quickly. On rare occasions, when products sell quickly, keeping the inventory current can be a challenge. In these situations, your item may not be available to ship and may get cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience and understand how frustrating this can be.
- For assistance with any cancelled item or order, please contact our Customer Service team by emailing us here or chat with one of our agents by clicking the Help icon on staples.ca and someone will be happy to assist.
Can I have multiple addresses on a single order?
Unfortunately, no. That said, we might ship your items separately based on availability. If you don’t want all your items at the same time, we suggest putting in separate orders.
Order Status Meaning
- Processing means we’ve received your order and are in the process of filling it.
- Shipped means we’ve filled this portion of your order. It’s on the delivery truck and will be delivered soon.
- Item(s) Not Available means this portion of your order was not filled. A Customer Service Representative from Staples will be contacting you with more details.
- Cancelled means the order was cancelled either by you (the customer) or by Staples. A Customer Service Representative from Staples will be contacting you with more details
- Shipping from Store means your order is being filled and shipped from a local Staples retail store in your geographic area.