If not completely satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days to initiate a return -- 14 days for computers, laptops, tablets, eReaders, smart/cell phones and unopened drones) in saleable condition, in original packaging (including UPC code, manual, parts and your receipt or packing slip) for a full refund or replacement.
- Purchased in store - must be returned to the store with its receipt and your credit card.
- Online order - Self-Serve returns are available by logging into your account. Go to Orders, View Order and select the item you wish to return. You may also contact us via Email or via Live chat by clicking Help at the bottom right of our page. Your return can also be brought to any Staples store.
Computers and Electronics
- Computer returns, store management may require a 24-hour inspection period prior to processing the refund. Items that may contain personal information (computers, laptops, tablets and other technology products with memory) are to be returned to a Staples retail store only.
- Personal information must be removed from electronics before returning it. Staples will not be responsible for any personal information left on an item when returned.
- For iPhone/iPad/iPod, you must turn off the “activation lock” feature before returning the device.
Software, Movies and Music
- Unopened boxed software, movies and music (in saleable condition) that we sell at time of return, may be returned for a full refund within 30 days or purchase.
- Open boxes or Electronic downloadable software, movies and music are not returnable or refundable.
Headphones, Earphones and Earbuds
- Open Headphones, earphones, and earbuds are not returnable.
Preferred Business Members
- Preferred Business Members return policies is 60 days instead of 30 days (28 days instead of 14 days for tech products.)
- Once an item is returned to store or has arrived at the warehouse, it can take up to 5 business days to see the refund on your credit card.
- Store purchases: If you don’t have a receipt, an exchange or a store credit will be offered provided a proof of the purchase can be verified, at Staples’ discretion. Please contact the store for more details. In the absence of proof of purchase, identification may be required.
- The tender will be made to the same tender as the purchase.
- The original debit and credit card will be used for the refund.
- Items purchased by cheque and returned within 14 days of purchase may be returned for a store credit only.
- Eco-Fees will be also refunded automatically when you return an item.
When you place an order on our site, there is a preauthorization charge done on your credit card. These funds are a reserve your credit card puts aside and is only received by us once you have the item in hand. If the order was cancelled before it was shipped out, please allow up to 10 business days for your credit card company to transfer the funds back into your account.
Extended Return Policy
- Holiday: For items purchased between November 1st and December 24th, 2020, we’ll gladly provide you a refund or exchange on your purchases until January 16th,2021 or 14 to 30 days** from purchase date, whichever is longer
- Covid: Stores currently have measures to extend their return policy. Since we are seeing changes from week to week, we would strongly recommend to contact your local store so they can inform you with their regional guidelines.